Immerse yourself in the history of Clos Lucé
with the thematic guided tours
- Eight audio installations around the park recreate Leonardo da Vinci’s thoughts in English, French, Italian and German. For the hearing impaired, the transcripts of the audio installations are available from the ticket office.
- In July and August, visitors can rent paddle boats from 1pm to 7pm to glide smoothly accross the Amasse, a tributary of the Loire.
Guided tour (only in French)
Book a tour with our guide and take a historic walk in the Clos Lucé. A chance to learn more about the history of Leonardo da Vinci who lived here, and to discover his last projects for the King Francis I.
- Duration: 60 min.
- Tour times:
▪ From March to the end of October: 11.30 a.m, 2.30 p.m., 4.15 p.m. (no guided tour from March 6 to 8 included)
▪ November, December: 11.30 a.m., 2 p.m., 3.30 p.m. (no guided tour from 27th January to 1st February)
- Price: €4.20 (in addition to the admission fee). Booking: click here.
Family guided tour in Leonardo da Vinci's park (in french)
As an alternative to the guided tour of the property advertised, visit Leonardo da Vinci Park, an open-air museum, and listen with your family to the story of Clos Lucé and learn all about the multi-talented Leonardo da Vinci :
- Duration : 1h
- Tour times :
▪ Summer holidays (from 9th July to 31st August): from Monday to Sunday, 11a.m. and 2.15p.m.
▪ All Saints holidays (from 24th October to 5th November): from Monday to Saturday, 11a.m. and 2.15p.m.
▪ Christmas holidays (from 19th to 30th December): from Monday to Friday, 11a.m. and 2.15 p.m.
- Price: €4 from visitors aged 7+ (in addition to the admission fee). Booking: click here
GUIDED TOUR WITH MATHURINE IN ENGLISH (ONLY FOR GROUPS) :
The guided tour in English has to be booked directly with Amboise Val de Loire Tourism Office : +33(0)2 47 57 09 28.
At the Château du Clos Lucé, discovering Leonardo da Vinci is a family activity.
Explore the world of Leonardo using his inventor’s notebook and his workshops, through our family-friendly approach!
To make your visit easier
The inventor's notebook (7-12 years old)
The notebook is available in French and English (pencils are not provided).